Victorian Maths Talent Quest 2018
Thank you to all who particiapted in the 2017 National and Victorian Maths Talent Quest. Dates for the 2018 State and National Maths Talent Quest are below.
For professional learning, judging rubric feedback or general enquiries please contact Jennifer Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Dates 2018
Wednesday 18 April 2018
Monday 23 July 2018
|Delivery of entries||Wednesday 22 August 2018|
|Judging||Thursday 23 August - Tuesday 28 August 2018|
|Display of entries||Wednesday 29 August 2018 (Morning)|
|Entry Pick Up||Wednesday 29 August 2018 (Afternoon) and Thurday 30 August 2018 (2pm deadline)|
|Award Ceremony||Thursday 18 October 2018|
All Victoria and Tasmanian students from the Early Years to Year 12 can enter the Maths Talent Quest. The best of these entries will then be entered into the National Maths Talent Quest.
This website is updated often with information for teachers and students to assist in your knowledge of the MTQ so please check back here regularly.
Some important information and changes to the MTQ:
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- Registration will open in Term 2 and will be available on the MAV website.
- You are required to complete your school judging and select entries to send to the state judging BEFORE you register on the MAV website.
- Schools can enter a maximum of eight entries per year level.
- It is compulsory for each metropolitan school to provide a minimum of two hours judging. Where schools have more than five entries, an extra two hours of judging must be provided for every five extra entries. Regional schools are also encouraged to participate in judging.
- All participating students will receive a certificate.
- Winning students will receive a certificate and book voucher – no cash prizes will be given
MTQ Cost Structure 2018
National Maths Talent Quest
The National Maths Talent Quest accepts the top entries from states and territories across Australia. For those states that don’t have a local competition, schools are welcome to enter their student’s investigations through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s competition.
Pathways to the National Maths Talent Quest
New South Wales – The Mathematical Association of New South Wales Competition Investigating With Maths
Queensland – The Science Teacher’s Association of Queensland’s Queensland Science Contest (Mathematics Category)
Western Australia – The Mathematical Association of Western Australian Maths Talent Quest
South Australia – Mathematical Association of South Australia Enrichment Project
All other states and territories (ACT, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory) are welcome to enter through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s Competition.
For enquiries about the National Maths Talent Quest please email or , or contact the MAV Office 03 9380 2399.