Victorian Maths Talent Quest 2017
MTQ Registration will open in Term 2 of 2017.
MTQ PD is available in Melbourne and Hobart. Register here.
Dates for the 2017 State and National Maths Talent Quest are below.
For professional learning, judging rubric feedback or general enquiries please contact Jennifer Bowden at email@example.com.
Key Dates 2017
Tuesday 18 April 2017
Friday 28 July 2017
|Delivery of entries||Wednesday 23 August 2017|
|Judging||Thursday 24 August - Tuesday 29 August 2017|
|Display of entries||Wednesday 30 August 2017 (Morning)|
|Entry Pick Up||Wednesday 30 August 2017 (Afternoon) and Thurday 31 August 2017 (2pm deadline)|
|Award Ceremony||Thursday 19 October 2017|
All Victorian, Tasmanian and Western Australian students from the Early Years to Year 12 can enter the Maths Talent Quest. The best of these entries will then be entered into the National Maths Talent Quest.
This website is updated often with information for teachers and students to assist in your knowledge of the MTQ so please check back here regularly.
Some important information and changes to the MTQ:
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- Registration will open in Term 2 and will be available on the MAV website.
- You are required to complete your school judging and select entries to send to the state judging BEFORE you register on the MAV website.
- Schools can enter a maximum of eight entries per year level.
- It is compulsory for each metropolitan school to provide a minimum of two hours judging. Where schools have more than five entries, an extra two hours of judging must be provided for every five extra entries. Regional schools are also encouraged to participate in judging.
- All participating students will receive a certificate.
- Winning students will receive a certificate and book voucher – no cash prizes will be given
MTQ Cost Structure
National Maths Talent Quest
The National Maths Talent Quest accepts the top entries from states and territories across Australia. For those states that don’t have a local competition, schools are welcome to enter their student’s investigations through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s competition.
Pathways to the National Maths Talent Quest
New South Wales – The Mathematical Association of New South Wales Competition Investigating With Maths- http://www.mansw.nsw.edu.au/student-activities/investigating-with-mathematics
Queensland – The Science Teacher’s Association of Queensland’s Queensland Science Contest (Mathematics Category)http://www.staq.qld.edu.au/queensland-science-contest/
All other states and territories are welcome to enter through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s Competition https://www.mav.vic.edu.au/student-activities/maths-talent-quest.html
(This includes Canberra, South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.)